What AECOS Offers?Membership in the American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery (AECOS) includes many distinguished benefits as well as responsibilities:
- Participation in a prestigious society dedicated to advancing vision care and improving patients’ quality of life through innovation, education and advocacy
- Experience a unique collaboration between leading anterior segment surgeons, ophthalmic industry executives, select venture capitalists and technology entrepreneurs
- Membership in an organization that provides a unique, interactive forum in which to present ideas and opportunities for collaboration on technology development, advocacy and clinical studies
- Engage in political advocacy to effect change for the benefit of patients as well as health care providers
- Eligible to participate in AECOS sponsored clinical studies
- Eligible to participate with AECOS in the FDA/CDRH Network of Experts
- Access to a members only, password protected website where ideas on technology, technique and unique surgical cases may be openly discussed in a secure environment
- Opportunity to post educational videos to share among the AECOS membership
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of charitable initiatives open to AECOS Members
- The opportunity to accelerate innovation in technology and technique as part of a small, highly effective group of visionaries
Who is AECOS?
The American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery is a unique collaboration of physicians, ophthalmic industry executives, select venture capitalists and technology entrepreneurs. The Society meets three times each year - in the US and Europe - to evaluate new developments in technology, surgical technique, clinical studies and progressive patient care. True to our mission, the membership of AECOS remains dedicated to advancing vision care and improving patients’ quality of life through Innovation, Education and Advocacy.
What Makes AECOS Different?
George O. Waring IV MD, FACS
William F. Wiley, MD
H. Burkhard Dick, MD
Arthur B. Cummings, MD
Steven J. Dell, MD
William J. Link, PhD, Managing Director Versant Ventures
Michael C. Knorz, MD
John A. Vukich, MD
A.J. Kanellopoulos, MD
AECOS is a unique society in which Physicians and Industry may equally benefit from the educational content and peer-to-peer interaction of AECOS meetings and activities. AECOS Members* may attend all AECOS Meetings free of charge with only a nominal meeting administration fee assessed to defray the cost of food, beverage and related administrative reporting requirements.Apply for Membership